November 9th, 2018
From Mrs. Deremer...
Thank you to our parent volunteers, who helped keep Ezra safe on Tuesday, November 6th for voting. We appreciate the support!
As we look forward to next week's Silent Auction on Friday, November 16th, PTO will be doing an Online Bidding system. So even if you are unable to make the Silent Auction you will still be able to bid online. Please look for more information to come out about online bidding. I want to stress how important it is to get out an support our school at the Silent Auction. The funds made next week at the Silent Auction will help the PTO support the school. The PTO supports Ezra by paying for many needs such as: Art with Ehler, Playground Equipment repair and replacement, monetary differences to keep costs down associated with World Language Classes and Ezra University, Turkey Bingo, Halloween Parade, BooHoo Breakfast, My School Anywhere and Back to School Night, just to name a few.
How wonderful was the 5th grade Musical today! We have so many talented students! Big THANK YOU to Mrs. Tierney-Jack! Thank you Mr. Dykstra for your support and thank you to the 5th grade team for working with the rehearsal schedule. I hope everyone enjoyed the musical as much as we did at school.
Hope to see many of you at tonight's Lancer game!
Have a wonderful and relaxing weekend!
- Walking Club on Mondays and Fridays from 8-8:20 am
- PTO World Language Class, Tuesday, November 6th from 3:45-4:30 pm
- "Night Under the Stars" 3rd Grades and their families, Thursday, November 15th from 6-8 pm
- Silent Auction, PTO Fundraiser, Friday, November 16th from 6-7:30 pm
- Turkey Bingo, Ezra Gym, Friday, November 16th from 6:30-8 pm Free Family Fun!!
Here are some great items that will be featured at this years Silent Auction:
- DISNEYLAND tickets
- Children's Museum (Family Day Pass)
- Container Store GC
- Backstage Dance
- Corky Canvas
- Signed Scott Frost Poster
- Husker Books
- Thirty One bag
- Pamper Yourself basket
- Lunch with a teacher
- Sundaes with Kindergarten
- Slime Making with Mrs. Rands and Mrs. Funk
- and many, many more great items
Ezra's 2018 Service Learning Project
Restoring Dignity is a group of volunteers in the Omaha area who help struggling refugee families in two ways:
- They teach basic cleaning skills and provide cleaning supplies.
- They provide basic household furniture and necessities such as toilet paper, towels, lightbulbs, and bed sheets.
We will be collecting items for Restoring Dignity from now through November 20th. Each grade is responsible for a different necessity:
- K: Paper Towels
- 1st: Kitchen Supplies (e.g. plastic baggies, saran wrap, aluminum foil)
- 2nd: Toothpaste/Toothbrushes
- 3rd: Cleaning Supplies (e.g. Windex, Clorox wipes)
- 4th: Toilet Paper
- 5th: Full Size Shampoo/Lotion
If your child has outgrown any pants in smaller sizes (4-8), our Health Room would happily accept any donations. We especially need leggings or adjustable pants with an elastic waistband such as athletic pants or sweatpants. Thank you!
3rd Graders and their Families
"Night Under the Stars"
Thursday, November 15th from
Ezra Lobby and South Side
Friday, November 16th from
Front Hallway and Online
Free, Family Fun
Friday, November 16th from
YearbookIf you missed the TreeRing sale in September or October, it's not too late! Purchase your yearbook in November and save 5% off the regular price of $16.00. See the attached flyer for details.Once you've created an account, you can start uploading photos and working on your student's personalized pages throughout the school year!All yearbook orders will be online this year. If you already have an account with TreeRing, log in and order your 2018-2019 yearbook. If you’re new to TreeRing, see the attached flyer for details, and visit https://www.treering.com/ for more information about custom yearbooks.If you have any questions, please contact Kim Gust at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Ezra Eagle Postcard Recipients 11/9/18
So proud of their SOARing behaviors!!!
After the Postcards are read, we had Landon draw two lucky SOARing Eagles postcards to be able to use Mrs. Real's and Mrs. Deremer's chairs for the day!
Zatori F. and Mathew D. were this weeks winners!