Who can be a Millard Public Schools Partner for Education?
- Any business, civic organization, faith-based group, nonprofit organization, or public-service organization in the Omaha metro can apply to be a Partner.
- The form is located on the Partners for Education home page.
Can I choose to partner with any school in the district?
- Partner applicants may select a school or schools or we will match them with a school seeking a partnership. Applicants may also choose to partner with all district schools as needed.
What happens after I submit my application form?
- Applicants will be contacted by a school Partners for Education Liaison or by the district based on your application preferences. All applications are subject to approval by the Millard Public Schools.
What makes a successful partnership?
The pillars of a successful Partnership agreement include:
- Relationship building
- Two-way communication
- Alignment of school goals with partner goals
- Diversity among community partners
- Showing appreciation and reciprocity
- Effective prioritization of community partnerships
- Evaluation of partnership outcomes/effectiveness
What is the time commitment and expectation for Partners?
- Partners are asked to be available for one face-to-face meeting per year with the Building Liaison. Liaisons will also contact Partners mid-year to determine if the partnership is meeting the expectations of both the school and the Partner.
How are Partners acknowledged?
- All Partners will have their name displayed prominently in district approved signage at their partner schools. Partners may also be recognized in school newsletters, building marquees, at school events, and in social media as well as other forms of acknowledgement on an individual school basis. All Partners will be publicly thanked at a reception with the Board of Education in the spring.
What can schools do for Partners?
- As a part of the Partnership agreement, schools may provide staff and/or student volunteer opportunities, community service, student performances or artwork, or other forms of reciprocal giving as coordinated by the Liaison and the Partner.
Ready to become a Partner?
To become a MPS Partner for Education, fill out the form on the Partners for Education home page. A school Partners for Education Liaison will contact you to discuss your proposed partnership plan.