Welcome to CMS HAL
Welcome to the Central Middle School High Ability Learners Google Site! The High-Ability Learners (HAL) program at the middle school level is different from the elementary program. HAL at the middle level is not a pull-out program in which the students meet regularly with the HAL Facilitator. Instead the majority of differentiation takes place in the classroom under the guidance of the classroom teacher.
- Students may meet with the HAL facilitator for special projects or units at various times throughout the year. Students also have the opportunity to participate in enrichment activities such as math competitions, quiz bowls, Battle of the Books, and the Scripps spelling bee. HAL students have the opportunity to attend seminars throughout the year.
- Students who meet the preliminary qualifications for HAL testing will be tested using the Cognitive Abilities Test during the spring semester.
- Click HERE for the Millard Public Schools HAL site.
Mrs. Kathie Guinan
CMS HAL Facilitator
The CMS 8th grade Battle of the Books team (Calista, Jolie and Marcus) placed third in the district contest and the 6th grade team (Ella, Kirsten and Sophia) placed second!
We are VERY PROUD of you!
- All HAL Seminars are cancelled until further notice.
- Battle of the Books students... We will have a Battle of the Books competition through Zoom...Stay tuned for details.
- 6th Grade HAL Lit Circle students...please put your name on a piece of paper and leave inside the cover when you return "Bud, Not Buddy" or "Savvy". Thanks!
- Please refer to the HAL Google Classroom for fun and enriching activities to keep you busy until we meet again!
- As always, feel free to email me at any time with questions. I will be checking school email numerous times a day Monday through Friday.
- Lastly, stay healthy and be safe!