FROM THE PRINCIPAL ...
Turkey Bingo - Save the Date - Prizes Needed
One of Neihardt’s favorite family and community nights is coming up soon! Turkey Bingo will be held November 15th at Millard South High School from 6:00-8:00pm! Turkey Bingo has become a tradition of our school and is a great way to bring the Neihardt community together for FUN, FOOD and PRIZES!
We are partnering again this year with our amazing PTO to provide some prizes, but we are still in need of additional prize donations. As we would like to be able to award as many prizes to BINGO winners as possible, we asking for your help. If you would be able to donate something, we would be most appreciative! Suggestions for donations would be board games, card games, gift cards, craft kits, toys, blankets, winter activities, etc. All donations can be dropped off at the Neihardt office.
Please look in this newsletter for more details about Turkey Bingo to come out soon with information about the event and how to order food for your family.
We are looking forward to parent-teacher conferences next week. We are hoping for 100% participation from parents. If you are unable to make your conference time, please call the school office and reschedule.
WHEN IS sick TOo SICK FOR SCHOOL?
SEND ME TO SCHOOL IF:
- I have a runny nose or just a little cough
- I haven't had any medicine for the last 24 hours to help me not have a fever
- I haven't vomited or had diarrhea for the last 24 hours
KEEP ME AT HOME IF:
- I have a temperature higher than 100.4 degrees
- I have an infectious disease like chicken pox, measles or mumps
- I vomited or had diarrhea last night or this morning
- You think I might have pink eye
- I have head lice or nits that haven't been treated
CALL THE DOCTOR IF:
- I have been sick and absent for more than three days so we can get me a Doctor's Note. This way my school knows I'm healthy now and it's okay for me to be back in school.*
*When you keep your ill child home you help prevent the spread of illness in the school community and allow opportunity for rest and recovery. Students may not return to school until they are fever, vomit, and diarrhea free for 24 hours and/or bring a doctor’s note granting permission to return, or until all evidence of their condition is gone.
parent/teacher conferences are next week!
NO SCHOOL OCTOBER 17-18-19
A group of eighth graders from Kiewit Middle School is starting a
Homework Help Program
For 4th through 8th Grade Students at the
Millard Branch Library
Starting Saturday, October 6th, 3-5 p.m. in the Teen Area.
If the first session goes well, this service will be available every Saturday through November 17th,
then resuming after winter break on January 5th. Help is offered for math through the Algebra II level, as well as English, Science and more.
STUDENT LUNCH TIMES
4th 12:40 - 1:00
Please give the office a call
before joining your child for lunch,
and don't forget to bring your I.D.