The Personal Project is a student-centered opportunity for all 10th grade students in the MYP to demonstrate and express their knowledge based upon their individual interests and needs. This project is the culminating synthesis of knowledge, concepts, and skills that, through a global context, allows students to create a truly personal and often creative product. Projects should revolve around something that motivates and interests each student. The projects are student-led with the supervision of Southwest staff.
The Personal Project is an IB requirement that all Southwest 10th grade students will complete. Projects are externally moderated by the IB to ensure standardization of the process and outcomes.
- The aims of the MYP project:
- participate in a sustained, self-directed inquiry within a global context
- generate creative new insights and develop deeper understandings through in-depth investigation
- demonstrate the skills, attitudes and knowledge required to complete a project over an extended period of time
- communicate effectively in a variety of situations
- demonstrate responsible action through, or as a result of, learning
- appreciate the process of learning and take pride in their accomplishments