Hi, my name is Mr. Kraimer. I am the Career & Technical Education (CTE) Radio teacher at North Community High School. I came to North at the start of the 2015-16 school year. I bring with me nearly 20 years of experience in the Broadcast industry and 10 years of teaching radio to college students. I look forward to working with all the students at North and hope you look forward to hearing them on the air on Jazz 88 (listen here) as they get comfortable with Jazz with Class.
Career & Technical Education (CTE) is a GREAT career pathway. You can click here to find out more.
Why a Radio class?
- Reading comprehension
- Active listening
- Critical thinking
- Active learning
Transferable SkillsSkills used in this career that are also used in other careers.
- Adjusting controls on machines
- Amusing and entertaining audiences
- Giving information on events and procedures
- Interviewing people to obtain information
- Working as a member of a journalism team
- Writing and reporting on news events
- Writing ideas
Workplace SkillsSkills are practiced activities that help people become successful in all kinds of careers.
- Complex problem solving
- Judgment and decision making
- Social perceptiveness
- Time management
(Skills from CFNC)