Second Grade Smarties
News & Events
May 18, Second Grade Family Mass
May 22, Carnival Week
May 29, Memorial Day
June 1, Play
June 2, Field Day
June 6, End of Year Mass
June 7 & 8, 12:30 Dismissal
June 9, Last Day of school
- Make sure your child brings a change of clothes and a towel for Field Day. Water bottles, sunglasses, and a hat are also encouraged!
- Students will begin taking home their workbooks next week.
- Stay tuned to Facebook and the MSS website for summer office hours, 17-18 School Year deadlines, and other important announcements!
What We're Learning in Second Grade:
- Collaboratively develop a fiction story
- Complete end of year benchmark
- Measuring objects using different standards of measurement
- Complete end of year benchmark test
- Every family may be different but all families are a gift from God.
- Why is it important to care for our bodies?
- Why is all life considered important and valuable?
- What is matter?
- What is the difference between a solid, a liquid, and a gas?
Flash Cards to Send to Parents.pdf