O. H. Somers Library
But I returned that book?!?
Shhhh! Don't tell anyone, but even we make mistakes! If your child claims the book has been returned, please contact the library staff. We will take a special look for the item. Sometimes it shows up, and we are glad to find it! Sometimes, the book has found its way to a hidden corner of a bedroom or backpack, so we may ask you to take another look for it too.
If any item is lost or damaged, we will charge for the replacement cost of the book and processing fees.
Check Out Policies
.05/school day late
- All library items check out for one week, and can be renewed if more time is needed. Books are stamped inside with a due date.
- Students are encouraged to take responsibility for their library books. When books are returned past their due date, library fines are charged to the student’s account. Fines are $0.05/day per item. There is no charge for days that we do not have school.
- If a student is absent, please have your child come to the library, as soon as possible upon return, and let us know so we can adjust the fine accordingly.
- Just like at the public library, if a student doesn’t renew or return their book, the fine will increase each day.
- Lost items will be charged the price of the book plus a $2.50 processing fee.
- Unpaid fines will remain on the student’s account from year to year until paid.