Log on to www.readworks.org/student to view the different texts that have been prepared for you. They're all interesting and won't take much time to read through. For additional practice, answer the comprehension questions after reading.
Read at your own oace. You don't have to read them all at once!
1. Go to www.readworks.org/student
2. Enter class code CCX57T
3. Click on your name.
4. The default password is 1234
Task for 2 Aug 2018
Send your 2nd email to your pen pal.
1. Login to AsknLearn.
2. Go to Tools -> Google Apps -> Gmail for Education.
3. Under Drafts, click on the email you typed on Tuesday.
4. Read through your email, checking for the following kinds of errors:
- Spelling - Check a dictionary if you have one.
- Tenses - Use the past tense if writing about something in the past.
- Punctuation - For example: If you asked a question, end with a question mark. 'I' is always a capital letter. Names of places, like 'Xingnan Primary School' have the first letter capitalised.
- Format: Did you leave a line when starting a new paragraph? Does your letter have a sign-off (eg. Yours sincerely)?
5. Once you have checked your email, click send!