March 5, 2021 Everyone Succeeds Here!
CAMELS HUMP MIDDLE SCHOOL
Wood4Good, LTD. is a VT based non-profit whose mission is to supply Vermonters with free firewood. There is no criteria for the families we give wood to, when people ask, we give. Wood4Good started as a family with some extra wood in their yard and is now giving away more than 50 cords of firewood seasonally. We are looking for more families to give to, is there anyone in your community or that you know who could use a hand next winter. We would love to help them, please have them send an email to email@example.com
We need your help in spreading the word to get more volunteers to increase our ability to give;
Trucking help, we need people who can lend their time and their trucks to bring wood to the people who need it.
Volunteer help at our Jericho woodlot; we need help with processing our firewood, running splitters, stacking wood etc.
Funding assistance, we give away all the wood with no charge, we need help paying for our operations
Please have anyone you know email and or contact Eric Axelrod, CEO of Wood4Good, LTD.
FOOD PICK UP TIME
Pick up food time is 12:45-2:30 pm on Wednesdays!
5 Reasons to Pick Up FREE Meals from MMUUSD
1. The food is free to all kids 18 and under, no questions asked. Regardless of your level of need, it saves you money on food for your kids. Also, note that need can be financial, situational, or emotional.
“I want to save meals for those who really need it.” We have heard this comment throughout our community and we want to assure you that we have enough food for all.
2. When the food is not picked up, the Mount Mansfield Nutrition Department may receive less funding, which can lead to not being able to offer as much food, as well as employee layoffs. The food is reimbursed by the federal government on a per meal basis. The more kids we feed, the more reimbursement we get. The fewer we feed, the less we get. Plus, even with all kids now being eligible for the free food, fewer meals may actually be served than during a typical school year, leading to potential shortfalls in the future.
3. It can save the food from turning to waste. In some cases, if the food isn’t picked up, it has to be thrown away!
4. It’s comforting to kids to have familiar foods from their school. Kids love eating foods they would normally get at the school, and drinking milk from the little cartons they only get there as well. It’s hard enough missing normal school life – this gives them a little “taste” of it at home, and reminds them every day that the school misses them and wants to still take care of them.
5. It saves you some stress of feeding your kids, as most of the food is ready-to-eat. There are typically individual servings of cereal, milk, sandwiches, fruit, veggies, snacks, and more. Kids can just grab it and eat it.
“It has saved me a lot of time and hassle so instead of cooking or trying to figure out what to feed them, I can focus more on helping my kids learn!”
School food service guarantees healthful options for your kids, and it can be fun for kids to drive up to their schools and see some familiar faces, if even just through their car windows!
Go to THIS link to sign up. 5 and 7-day options available.