CTE Certified Nursing Assistant – AM and PM
Students will learn the basics of working in the health care field. The curriculum includes study in anatomy and physiology, medical terminology, human growth and development and disease processes. Course requirements include lectures/note-taking, written assignments, lab work, and patient contact through clinical hours.
Certified Nursing Assistant
Goal: Obtain the State of Maine Certified Nursing Assistant Certificate
- Maintain a classroom attendance of 90% or better.
- Attend 70 clinical hours scheduled at area nursing homes.
- Demonstrate professional attitude and work ethic in class and during clinical hours.
- Absence of substance use or abuse. Must be free of criminal conviction.
- Maintain strict patient confidentiality and safety.
State of Maine Certified Nursing Assistant
AHA CPR and First Aid
Servsafe Food Handlers Certification
Integrated Credit Available
Science and Physical Education ( select sending schools)
Dual Enrollment Credit
Northern Maine Community College
SES 220: Medical Terminology - 3 credits
Tracy Cloutier, R.N.
873-0102, ext. 264