Welcome to the MVMS library webpage! This is a one stop shop for your middle school reading and research needs. Please visit the catalog to look for books and the 24/7 research databases to complete your online research projects.
LIBRARY CURRENT EVENTS
- Use this link to purchase books http://www.scholastic.com/bf/minisinkvalleymiddleschool. It's a great way to stock up on some good reads for the summer!
- ALL LIBRARY BOOKS ARE DUE BACK NOW!!!
- Mrs. Keppler's 8th grade honors social studies class came to the library and constructed a Hooverville out of recycled materials. The result was fantastic! Check out the ms website to read the full article.
- The GSA decorated one of our book carts and it looks amazing! Books on the cart feature LGBTQ+ characters and themes of acceptance. All books on display can be checked out. Scroll down to see pictures.
- On Tuesday, March 19, we were thrilled to host an author visit with the amazing and talented Tami Charles! Ms. Charles signed books for students and staff members in the morning and conducted 3 writing workshops with students throughout the day. All students who participated in the workshops were invited to the library for a social lunch with the author. Two student reporters from the school newspaper also came in to interview Ms. Charles. Please look for their article in the next issue of the Minisink Messenger. This was a wonderfully enriching experience for all who attended!!!
- Click here for information on how to get a public library card.
The library is open from 7:15-2:10 whenever school is in session.
BOOK CHECKOUTS- Students may check out 2 books at a time for a period of 2 weeks.
SUMMER READING LISTS
NEED A BOOK RECOMMENDATION?
CHECK OUT ONE OF THESE SITES!
Thank you GSA for decorating our book cart!!! If anyone is interested in checking out a book with LGBTQ+ characters in it please come to the library and take a look at this cart.
PICTURES FROM OUR AMAZING AUTHOR VISIT WITH TAMI CHARLES!!!
Spelling bee winners from the left:
- 6th grade winner- Anna Warnken
winning word- "youthful"
- 7th grade winner- Sophia Skinner
winning word- "humanitarian"
- 8th grade winner- Noah McGinnis
winning word- "frippery"