Registration and Clearance
Athletics Registration Steps
- Pay though UniPay or Check (if financial assistance is required, please skip step).
- Complete NFHS Concussion Course (students - once per academic year, parents - once per student).
- Sign up on Family ID (directions below).
- Obtain copy of updated physical (within 13 months) if needed. Can be mailed or turned into Main Office.
***** You do not need to bring anything in except for a new physical if needed. You do not need to provide copies of the Family ID registration. *****
- Mon, July 1st – Fall registration Open
- Wed, August 14th - Fall registration deadline
- Fri, August 16th – Football tryouts begin.
- Thurs, August 22rd – All other Fall sports’ tryouts begin.
- Fri, November 1st – Winter registration opens.
- Fri, November 22nd - Winter registration deadline
- Mon, December 2nd – Winter sports’ tryouts begin.
- Fri, February 7th – Spring registration opens.
- Fri, March 6th - Spring registration deadline
- Mon, March 18th – Spring sports’ tryouts being.
- Fri, August 14th, 2020 - Football Tryouts begin
- Mon, August 17th, 2020 - All other Fall Sports' tryouts begin
- $150 (Ice Hockey $300, Swim $400, Crew $700, Unified Track $0), regardless of grade level, or on which team the student participates. The Family Cap is $750 ($900 w/ Ice Hockey) and does not include Swim or Crew.
- Due August 15th: Football
- Due August 22nd: Soccer, Volleyball, Field Hockey, Swim, Cross Country, Cheer, and Golf.
- Due November 22nd: Basketball, Cheer Indoor Track, Wrestling, Skiing, and Ice Hockey.
- Due March 15th: Baseball, Softball, Tennis, Lacrosse, Outdoor Track, Crew, Unified Track.
Note: This fee can be paid online beginning August 1st (fall sports), November 1st (winter sports), February 8th (spring sports). To pay online, click here. If you do not wish to pay online, or are seeking a fee waiver, paper forms can be found in the athletic office. Questions concerning this fee should be directed to Mr. Madden in the Athletics Office, firstname.lastname@example.org or (617) 696-4470 x5515.
- The student must pass courses that carry a minimum of 30 hours credit per quarter (a full course load of seven periods with no more than one failing grade) to be academically eligible for sports/athletics. Academic eligibility for a specific season is based on the report card from the previous quarter, except for a fall sport, for which academic eligibility is based on the final report card from the previous school year.
- The student must pay the user fee, unless financial assistance is required.
- The student must enter the UniPay Code and Concussion Code on the Athletic Clearance Form.
- The student must submit a current copy of their physical (dated within 13 months) if necessary to the Athletic Office.
Family ID Directions
For first time users, start at step 1. For returning users, please login and skip to step 3.
- Go to FamilyID.com. Click “CREATE ACCOUNT”, fill out necessary information.
- You will be sent an email to confirm your email address. Go to your email and click link that is attached.
- Go to FamilyID.com. Login.
- Type “Milton Public Schools” in to search bar.
- Scroll down, find and click the correct athletics registration.
- On the opening page, there are a few links to click before proceeding.
- If you have not already completed the concussion course, please click the link and complete.
- If you have not already processed the payment on UniPay, please click the link and complete.
- Scroll down and , you will need to select the sport. Be sure to select correct sport and gender.
- For returning users, please select participant from drop-down menu. Information will automatically populate.
- Fill out the rest of the information.
- Sign electronically and click submit.
**YOU ARE NOT DONE AFTER CLICKING SUBMIT. THERE IS ONE MORE STEP!
You MUST click the green “Submit Registration” button on the right if you wish to finish.
Upon receiving this confirmation page, you are officially registered. Thank you.
Students must complete the NFHS Concussion Course ONCE per academic year. Prior completed courses can be accessed through NFHS portal, or in the email receipt. Parents must complete once per student.
Student’s physical must be current! Current means within the last 13 months. For example; If a student’s physical was done on February 1st, 2016, the student’s physical will expire on March 2nd, 2017. Any student without a current physical WILL NOT be eligible to play after expiration date – STATE LAW. There are no exceptions. The MIAA strictly enforces this and all matches or games played with an ineligible student are subject to forfeit.
What do I need to hand in?
You only need to hand in your updated physical. Once Family ID is complete, the Athletic Director will receive a notification.