Vision and Goals
The purpose of the 1:1 initiative is to enhance the learning environment while expanding the opportunity for a value-added approach for the globalization of curriculum, blended learning experiences, and the creation, collaboration and publication of student designed digital learning content. The district has successfully facilitated the distribution of a 1:1 computing environment using Google Chromebooks for all students in grades 3 through 12 for the 2015-2016 school year. Additionally, our district will provide parents & student workshops and share comprehensive online documentation and instruction.
The Chromebook technology increases access to digital curriculum, to greatly supplement our printed texts and other on-site resources. The opportunity to use 1:1 devices gives students access to learning in classrooms and at home.
The goals of our 1:1 initiative are to:
- Create and support equitable opportunities for student learning through technology, using the device as an extension of the classroom.
- Promote self-directed, collaborative, and increased learning opportunities for students, educators, and administrators.
- Increase student and parent learning engagement while building capacity for students and educators to share best practices locally in their learning community and globally with other learning communities.
- Ensure all students are developing essential skills and acquiring critical knowledge needed for a successful future beyond K-12 education to be college and career ready.
- Facilitate educator learning to individualize and differentiate instruction to ensure all students are provided with opportunities to succeed in their learning.