MGMS Counselor Connection
Welcome to the MGMS Counselor Connection page! There is an old African proverb that says, "It takes a village to raise a child." As your child's school counselor, I am blessed to a part of that village. 2018-2019 school year is destined to be a great year and I look forward to working with you and your child.
What is the role of a school counselor?
- School Counseling Curriculum
- positive mental health
- social skills
- study habits
- career planning
- Individual Student Planning
- career development
- transition services
- academic planning
- Responsive Services
- individual counseling
- small group counseling
- consultation and collaboration
- System Support
- program evaluation and improvement
- community outreach
- professional development
How and why should parents contact the School Counselor?
Parents are encouraged to call the school counselor to arrange a phone or school conference to discuss concerns. Reasons some parents contact the school counselor are:
- Concern with students academics
- Family or health issues
- Discuss special needs
- Identify potential student crisis
- Resources and referrals
Parents are always welcome! It is best to make an appointment to ensure adequate time is made for your visit. You can also email questions and concerns to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Freshman Orientation August 8, 2018 at 10:00 a.m.
- Open House August 14, 2018 from 5:00-6:30 p.m. Students can pick up schedules
- First day of school August 16, 2018
Have you or your child experienced trauma? A more accurate statement might be show me someone who has never experienced trauma. Below is a great article that we could all benefit from. Enjoy!