Homework for the week of 12/03/18 - 12/07/18
Test on Friday, December 7
1. jiffy - a short amount of time
2. ramshackle - poorly made, falling apart
3. peculiar - off or strange
4. spectacles - eyeglasses
5. musty - moldy or stale
6. gizzard - part of a bird's digestive tract
7. froth - bubbles or foam on top of, or in, a liquid
8. grim - gloomy
9. blossom - a flower or cluster of flowers
10. bulging - having a protruding part or swelling that curves out
Please encourage students to study a little bit everyday rather than a crazy amount on Thursday night. Remember, we are preparing the students for their future. We want to help form good study habits instead of bad ones.
Flash cards are a great way to study. Students receive a vocab list every other week which can be cut and turned into flash cards.
On Wednesday or Thursday night a practice test can be done at home so that you know which words they are struggling with.