SO MANY OPTIONS! HOW DO I CHOOSE?
The most important thing about birth control is that you do not get pregnant. No one method of birth control is perfect, mistakes happen and sometimes we forget. Some methods are better than others, even when used perfectly.
Here are some things to think about when you choose a birth control method:
- How often do you want to have to think about your birth control?
- Do you have any medical problems that would make one kind of birth control better than another?
- How are you going to protect yourself from infections?
- Could you remember to take a pill every day at the same time?
- Are you afraid of shots?
- How do you feel about birth control devices being inside your body?
- Are you willing to be examined to get birth control?
- Are there other benefits you want from your birth control like less acne, less bleeding with your periods, better moods or privacy?
BEST BIRTH CONTROL FOR YOUTH
Long Acting Reversible Contraception (LARC) options are recommended for youth as the BEST birth control. These methods include:
- The IUD/IUS's
- The Rod (Nexplanon)
LARC methods are over 99% effective, last from 3 to 10 years and are completely reversible. These options allow you to start a birth control and not have to worry about it every day. It is working for you whenever you need it.