Math Summer Work
As we head into the spring months, it is time to start thinking about student summer work in Mathematics! It is important for all students to review math concepts and processes during the summer, and we have the expectation that summer assignments are given in all Math courses. Intentional practice of math skills will help students reach mastery of content and support their retention of foundational math concepts. Our summer work provides an opportunity for students to strengthen or deepen their content knowledge and ensure that they have the prerequisite skills to be successful in their future math classes. Time spent working on mastery, reinforcement, and enrichment will greatly benefit all students.
Expectations: All assignments must begin after the close of school in June and are due the day after Labor Day. We chose one due date for all math assignments to make it easier for students, parents, and teachers. Most summer work is graded as an effort grade with slight variations between grades and courses. Our only exceptions may be with our AP Course offerings at MHS, that may be in the form of a quiz in the month of September assessing the prerequisite skills from the summer work. This ensures that students are prepared to handle the rigors of our higher level courses.
Where to find the work: All Middle School Math summer assignments will be posted to the MVMMS webpage and all HS Math summer assignments will be posted to the MHS webpage. Please note, many of our courses utilize IXL for summer work. IXL has specific codes for skill areas, which may change from time to time. If you notice that the code and skill are not aligned, please be sure to work on the skill area. Links to the specific summer work may also be posted below:
- Math 6 Summer Work
- Math 7 Summer Work
- Math 8 Summer Work
- Compacted Math 7/8 Summer Work
- Algebra 1 (Honors and Grade 8 Students taking Algebra) Summer Work - This has the corrected IXL Information
- There is also a supplemental practice packet to be uploaded early this summer! Answers are also provided in this PDF to check your work as you go!
- Algebra 1 CP Summer Work
- Integrated 1A Summer Work
- Integrated 1B Summer Work
- Integrated 2 Summer Work
- Integrated 3 Summer Work
- Geometry H Summer Work
- Geometry CP Summer Work
- Accelerated Algebra 2/Pre-Calculus Summer Work
- Algebra 2 H Summer Work
- Algebra 2 CP Summer Work
- Advanced Algebra/Trig Summer Work
- Statistics CP Summer Work
- AP Statistics Summer Work
- Pre-Calculus H Summer Work
- Pre-Calculus CP Summer Work
- Advanced Mathematical Decision Making (AMDM) Summer Work
- Calculus H Summer Work
- Calculus CP Summer Work
- AP Calculus AB Summer Work
- AP Calculus BC Summer Work
- AP Computer Science* (does not count for Math Credit)
- Please note: this assignment was updated 8/7/17. This is a free Learn Java Course. Email me with any questions.