Flag football for all divisions is cancelled for tomorrow, March 30, 2019. This is due to the weather forecast indicating 90% chance of rain in the morning.
We are also scheduled to be off on April 6 during Spring Break. We will pick up again on Saturday, April 13 at the regularly scheduled times.
We are making the decision earlier than we normally would in order to make sure students at Allendale and Strong can be informed before the end of their school days.
If you have any questions, please email:
Ian Striz - firstname.lastname@example.org
Derek Anderson - email@example.com
Thanks and we will see you next month!
Thank you for registering for the 1st inaugural Mel-NAP Flag Football season. In the email below you will find information about the first day (March 9, 2019) and other things to know. All events will take place at Cardinal Stadium located at Melvindale High School, 18656 Prospect, Melvindale MI, 48122.
- Arrival on March 9, 2019
- 3/4 grade division - 8:30am
- 5/6 grade division - 10:00am
- 7/8 grade division - 11:30am
Upon arrival please check in at the registration table to confirm that your waiver forms have been signed and to make payment if that has not already been made. Once that is complete, your child will be given their team assignment and shirt and sent to meet their coach.
- Parent meetings
- 3/4 grade divison - 9:00am
- 5/6 grade division - 10:30am
- 7/8 grade division - 12:00pm
There will be a brief parent orientation meeting at the times above, for each division. Please plan to attend as this is where we will orient you to the league and answer any questions you may have.
Attached to this email is the schedule for the season. All events will start on time. With the exception of lightning or extreme cold or extreme snowfall, we will play the games. Please plan and dress accordingly. If day needs to be cancelled, we will send an email out and post to the HS Football Twitter account and on the HS Football website. Cancellations may not happen until just before the start of a division or the day. If a week is canceled, the schedule will restart the following week.
We can still accept registrations. There are only 2 spots remaining for 3/4 grade, and plenty of room for additional 5/6 and 7/8 grade players. Click here to register.
Please note the following requirements for field usage:
- Absolutely NO colored beverages are allowed on the field itself. Please send your children with water bottles, no Gatorade, etc.
- Athletic shoes or rubber cleats only, no sharp metal of any kind
- The restrooms for the building are not yet completed, portable toilets will be available for use.
- Only players, coaches, and officials are allowed on the field. Parents must remain in the stands.
We look forward to seeing everyone on Saturday!