How can you support your child at home?
Keep up with course aims and objectives by grade level with our curriculum guides! Each year at MEF IS we produce curriculum guides in collaboration with all teachers to give parents and students a preview of each unit of instruction.
Click on the desired grade level below to view the curriculum guide for all subjects.
*Please note that there may be changes to the details as students learn at different rates.
Future Exam Weeks
Exam 2: 8 January - 12 January 2018
Exam 3: 12 March - 16 March 2018
Exam 4: 24 May - 30 May 2018
*Teachers make study guides available to students 1 week before the start of every exam week.
Cambridge IGCSE Certificates
Grade 11/IB1 students who took IGCSE exams at the end of grade 10 received their certificate from their homeroom teacher on November 13.
What is included in the results report?
- An International General Certificate of Secondary Education (page 1)
- A statement of results with explanatory notes (page 2)
What does this mean for your child?
- Cambridge IGCSE is widely recognised by higher education institutions and employers around the world as evidence of academic achievement.
- Search the recognition database to find out which institutions recognise Cambridge qualifications. You can view details by country and qualification. To search for recognition statements from universities for Cambridge IGCSE, select the following options: 'Country', 'Organisation Type' (select 'Universities and colleges') and tick the box for 'Cambridge IGCSE and Cambridge O Level'.
Find out more about Cambridge IGCSE results recognition at cambridgeinternational.org
Extended Field Trips
Thank you for returning the field trip intention form to express your child's interest in attending extended field trips.
The following trips have been canceled due to lack of student interest:
- Grades 7-8: Izmir Math Village
- Grades 10-12: Tanzania Service Trip
- Grades 10-12: Bratislava Debating Competition
The following field trips will move forward as planned based on the results from the intention forms:
Grades 6-12: Ski Trip - Kartalkaya, Turkey (Middle School February 16-18, High School February 23-25)
- Estimated Cost: Grades 9-12 1300TL, Grades 6-8 1900TL
- Estimated payment deadline: December 11
- Organiser: Mr. Victor Simone firstname.lastname@example.org
Grades 6-12: Humanities & Spanish Trip - Spain (June 6-10 )
- Estimated Cost: 850 Euro
- Estimated payment deadline: March 12
- Organisers: Mrs. Khan email@example.com, Mr. Incel firstname.lastname@example.org
Grades 7-9: Science Trip - London, England (May 2-6)
- Estimated Cost: 550 GBP
- Estimated payment deadline: February 12
- Organisers: Ms. Chow email@example.com, Ms. Deniz firstname.lastname@example.org
Grades 9-12: Service Learning Trip - Ecuador (March 16-27 )
- Estimated Cost: 4700 USD
- Estimated payment deadline: January 8
- Organisers: Ms. Chow email@example.com, Mr. Victor Simone firstname.lastname@example.org
*Trip organisers will contact you in the upcoming weeks with detailed permission letters and trip itineraries based on the trips you indicated on your child's intention form.