Welcome to English-7
This site is used in support of a student agenda and is maintained to help parents stay informed of their child's class responsibilities:
- Homework will be updated daily by 5:00, unless I am absent.
- Assignments will remain listed for the entire semester, which helps students make up work missed when absent.
- I am available daily for extra help with assignments:
- Students can see me during class, Study Halls, & Lab periods.
- Appointments can also be made for either before or after school assistance.
- Coaches have always been very supportive of students coming late to practice when they are in need of help or need to make up work. We just write them a pass for practice.
- If your child does stay to work with me, I will sign their agenda so that you will know how long they were with me.
- If you do not see my signature, they were not here. Help is readily available!
1) E-Mail is the best option: firstname.lastname@example.org
2) Phone Chris Dugan or Jen LaFleche in the Guidance office to schedule a parent/teacher conference appointment.
(ph 664-9888 ext.2417)
3) Least Used is Voice mail: My Mechanicville Jr. High School ph # 664-9888 extension 2841
Class Reading List: Possible selections include:
- Summer: Student's own choices for Extra Credit Reading
- Q 1:
- The Boy Who Harnessed the Wind by William Kamkwamba and Bryan Mealer
- Bearstone by Will Hobbs
- Champlain and the Silent one by Kate Messner
- Bridge to Terabithia by Katherine Paterson
- Q 2:
- Island of the Blue Dolphin by Scott O'Dell
- A Christmas Carol by Charles Dickens & assorted text pieces
- Q 3:
- April Morning by Howard Fast
- Spitfire by Kate Messner & assorted text pieces
- Sing Down the Moon by Scott O'Dell
- Q 4:
- A Long Walk to Water by Linda Sue Parks
- Farewell to Manzanar by Jeanne Wakatsuki Houston and James D. Houston.
- other novels may be substituted to coordinate with curriculum changes.