Essex Elementary School Health
EEE and mosquitos
There is heightened concern regarding the presence of mosquitos and the EEE virus. In Essex the town voted 5 years ago as a community to not spray in town. The best protection for yourself is to use an insect repellent containing DEET if you are out between dusk and dawn. You should wear long sleeves and pants and avoid being near standing water. You could also use oil of lemon eucalyptus if you prefer not to use DEET, although it is not quite as effective. For more information you can look on the Essex Board of Health website at https://www.essexma.org/health-department-board-health. More information can be found at the Massachusetts Department of Public Health website here at https://www.mass.gov/mosquito-borne-diseases.
A few reminders for parents:
- If your child is going to be absent or late please call 978-768-7324 or email please.
- Students with a temperature of 100*F or greater need to stay home home until fever free for at least 24hours without the aid of Tylenol or Ibuprofen.
- Students experiencing diarrhea or vomiting should be symptom free for 24 hours and tolerating solid food before returning to school.
- If a student has been diagnosed with a contagious illness, it is the school policy that they be on medicine for 24 hours before attending school.
- PLEASE REMEMBER THAT ALL CLASSROOMS ARE PEANUT AND NUT FREE.
- Extra clothing: occasionally a spilled drink, a fall into a puddle or a slide down a wet slide occurs at school. An extra set of clothing at school could prevent an emergency run for a parent.