Essex Elementary School Health
There have been numerous cases of Strep throat throughout the community and the school. If your child has a fever and a sore throat please have them assessed by their PCP. Strep is very contagious and confirmed cases need to be home a minimum of 24 hours after antibiotics are started. The child needs to be fever-free and felling well for at least 24 hours also before returning to school.
In the meantime please remind your child to practice good hand washing throughout the day in an effort to control further outbreaks.
A few reminders for parents:
- If your child is going to be absent or late please call 978-768-7324 or email please.
- Students with a temperature of 100*F or greater need to stay home home until fever free for at least 24hours without the aid of Tylenol or Ibuprofen.
- Students experiencing diarrhea or vomiting should be symptom free for 24 hours and tolerating solid food before returning to school.
- If a student has been diagnosed with a contagious illness, it is the school policy that they be on medicine for 24 hours before attending school.
- PLEASE REMEMBER THAT ALL CLASSROOMS ARE PEANUT AND NUT FREE.
- Extra clothing: occasionally a spilled drink, a fall into a puddle or a slide down a wet slide occurs at school. An extra set of clothing at school could prevent an emergency run for a parent.