Math 112 - College Algebra Concepts and Applications
- To help students improve basic algebra skills by way of an integrated review of these skills as they are needed in the course.
- To promote problem-solving and critical thinking skills through the application of algebraic concepts to common situations.
- To enhance learning and understanding of algebraic concepts through the integrated use of graphing calculators.
- To provide a sufficient algebra background for Math 113, Math 116, and Math 163/263.
PPL 40+ or MCLG 55+ or SAT I MSS 560+ or ACT MATH 22+.
The following course materials are required for Math 112:
- ALEKS Access (billed to your Bursar account and accessed in D2L under the "Content" tab)
- Graphing Calculator -- Certain models of graphing calculators are allowed, while others are forbidden. Information can be found here.
COMMON FINAL EXAM
Math 112 has a common final exam. To find the Final Exam date and time, go to http://www.registrar.arizona.edu/students/courses/final-exams, select the current semester, then scroll down and click on the link for the Common Final Exam Schedule. The room assigned to your section of Math 112 will be posted the week before finals here: http://math.arizona.edu/academics/courses/finals
The first midterm exam will cover the first 5 sections:
- Graphs of Functions
- Linear Functions
- Piecewise Linear Functions
- Transformations of Functions
The following study aid is designed to be used as a review of topics and problems which will be covered on Midterm Exam 1: Fall 2018 Midterm 1 Study Aid.
Study strategies for the midterm: Fall 2018 Math 112 Midterm 1 Strategies.
Information about Midterm 1: Fall 2018 Math 112 Midterm 1 Information for Students.
Midterm 1 Room Locations: Fall 2018 Math 112 Midterm 1 Rooms.