Support Staff Senate
Become an Active Member of Your Senate
It is our opportunity to participate and contribute to the governance of the university. It provides us with a venue to promote a supportive and positive work environment and to be part of the process.
- Wednesday, October 10, 2018, 10:00 a.m., Swartz Center, McGowan Community Room
- Wednesday, March 13, 2019, 10:00 a.m., Swartz Center, McGowan Community Room
- Allison Ranieri-Horrocks, President
- Diane Hapke , Vice President
- Karen Rossmell, Treasurer
- Jamie Strong, Recording Secretary
- Jeff D'Angelo, Representative of Security
- Cheryl Kosydar, Representative of Building Services
- Bev Mizanty, Representative of Secretarial Staff
- Mike Rotell, Representative of Maintenance and Grounds
- Marianne Dobrzyn, Hospitality
Letter from the President
Marywood’s communal atmosphere is the quintessential component of what distinguishes our University from other fine collegiate institutions; and it is contagious. This positive infectiousness is most visible in the success of our open houses, in the candidness of our students’ guests during commencement weekend, and most importantly, in the loyalty displayed by the support staff to Marywood.
While many of our contributions may seem overshadowed by the various concerns on campus, contributions such as but not limited to the aesthetic beauty of our grounds, the crispness of our hallways, the warm meals prepared on cold midterm days, and the embraces that keeps our students motivated are nevertheless the glue that binds this community together.
Without our nuanced contributions, Marywood would simply be a collection of colleges rather than the multi-faceted, inclusive community many consider a home away from home which we serve every day. Therefore, it is my belief that the betterment of our work-lives correlates to betterment of our University.
It is for these reasons that I am honored to work for and with you as your Support Staff Senate President. I look forward to getting to know this community more comprehensively, understanding and advocating for your concerns on an administrative level, professionally advancing together, and reveling in your occupational and personal successes!
“To realize your potential you must look beyond the end of yourself, realizing that where you end is most likely where you actually begin.”
― Craig D. Lounsbrough