8th Grade Social Studies
This website is designed for the use of Mrs. James's 8th Grade Social Studies class.
Welcome to 8th Grade Social Studies! We have an exciting year ahead of us. Our study of social studies will take us through the United States' history with a focus on North Carolina and local history. The following website provides an outline of the course, how to stay connected, unit information and classroom resources.
Remember, students are on a A/B schedule. You will have social studies every other day.
"The Great Seal of North Carolina."
Communication: How to stay connected.
1. Unit Agendas include day to day agendas, assignments, and due dates. Agendas are posted on the current unit page. Students are responsible keeping up with assignments and due dates. Students are to check when absent. The agenda is subject to change based on students' needs.
2. Notebook Table of Contents provides detailed information about what should be on each page of the course's notebook. The table of contents included links to unit agendas and the dates of assignments. It is the student's responsibility to check the table of contents when absent in order to make up work. A model notebook is kept in the classroom.
3. Sign Up for text messages for reminders for upcoming events, review sessions, quizzes, tests, and projects.
Remind Text Messages Directions:
A Day Text @rsm8usncA to 81010
B Day Text @rsm8usncB to 81010
4. Power School. Students and parents have access to their grades through Power School and are encouraged check weekly.
5. Student Advocacy: I encourage students to come talk with me to discuss questions or concerns. My goal is to support and empower students.
6. Parents please call or email me if you have any questions or concerns.