The Lower School of MCS consists of students in Kindergarten through sixth grade.
Every day begins with Bible class at MCS. Our elementary students are offered the courses below. MCS follows the Alabama Standards (Course of Study) to safeguard against gaps in learning while using the textbooks mentioned below for primary support for instruction.
- Math (Purposeful Design Publications)
- Reading (Guided Reading)
- Writing (Writer's Workshop)
- Spelling (Purposeful Design Publications
- Social Studies (ABEKA)
- Science (ABEKA)
- Health (ABEKA)
- Bible (Purposeful Design Publications)
- Music (MCS partners with Lake Guntersville Music Academy)
Lower School students also have the opportunity to shine in competitions beyond our walls. There is an online academic competition through ACEA, as well as Math Olympics and Spelling Bee through ACSI. Beginning in sixth grade MCS students may participate on Junior High athletic teams.