Junior Jays Volleyball
Junior Jays is a traveling volleyball program where players are split up based on age. The program focuses on introducing, developing, and maintaining basic volleyball skills such as passing, serving, setting, hitting, and teamwork.
- Traveling teams will be divided by four grade levels, 4-5th, 6th, 7th and 8th
- 2-3 volunteer parent coaches will be needed for each team (volunteers are subject to a mandatory background check by the MAPS school district)
- All athletes will be placed on a team providing we have enough coaches volunteer
- Tournaments are held on Saturdays in local communities
- Each team will enter 3-4 tournaments (1 of those tournaments may be hosted in Merrill)
- If a tournament is held in Merrill, families of the players are required to help with that tournament
- This opportunity is offered through WIVL, the Wisconsin Independent Volleyball League (a subdivision of the Great Northwest Basketball League) -- http://gnbl.org/
- The cost to join a traveling team is $60.00 per athlete. Due to entry fees and t-shirt orders, NO REFUNDS will be issued unless an injury prevents the player from participating in the first practice.
- Practice attire should include t-shirt, shorts/spandex, tennis shoes and kneepads.
To do #1: complete online waiver/concussion agreement
- Please note that this system requires you to create an account (click "Create an Account" at the very top of the webpage or Login if you already are a member), to authenticate that a parent or legal guardian has electronically signed the Waiver/Concussion Agreement. Once you are logged-in, simply click the following link and fill in the required information to submit the Liability Waiver/Concussion Agreement for your child using our online system.
- If this website does not work for you the first time, wait 30 seconds and please try again.
To do #2: complete Junior Jays Registration Form
To do #3: Attend either parent meeting @ 5 pm on 3/1 or 3/2 & bring $60 cash/check made out to Merrill Volleyball Booster Club
Starting Thursday, March 1st -- 7th & 8th graders will practice on Mondays and Thursdays from 3:30-5
Starting Friday, March 2nd -- 4-6th graders will practice on Tuesdays and Fridays from 3:30-5
Practices will run through Thursday, March 22nd
All additional practices will be held on Sunday afternoons throughout the traveling season.
Please submit your players registration form AND waiver/concussion agreement no later than Friday, February 23rd @ 11:59 pm.
If you have any questions, please contact Kasie Holt: (715) 536-4594 ext. 18016, Janet Wardall (715) 536-4594 ext. or Kris Krug (715) 536-9593, ext. 17031