Landlord-Tenant Recovery Fund
—supporting our community from Parachute to Aspen
Helping renters stay in their homes during this challenging time.
To be eligible landlords and tenants work as partners with the following guidelines:
1. Tenants must live between Parachute and Aspen within the Roaring Fork and Lower Colorado River Valleys.
2. Tenants must have hardship due to COVID-19 or the fires (e.g., lost wages, health problems, sick family members, etc.)
3. Tenants are asked to pay landlord 1/3 of back rent due and 1/3 of rent for three months (note: if the tenant can't reach this minimum they should still apply as other sources of support may be identified).
4. Landlords are asked to forgo up to 1/3 of back rent owed plus 1/3 of future rent for three months to help tenant's economic recovery (note: it the landlord can't afford to forgo they should still apply as other sources of support may be identified).
5. Support from the LTR Fund can be up to 1/3 of back rent due plus 1/3 of rent for the next three months (maximum amount of $3,000). Click to download the Landlord-Tenant Recovery Fund Payment Agreement then call one of the organizations below for help.
6. After three months, funds can be requested on a monthly basis (maximum amount of $1,000/month) if funds are still available.
Alpine Legal Services is available to help mediate should landlords and tenants need additional support or have problems accessing the LTR Fund. Please call 970-230-3935 between 9–12 or 1–5, Monday through Friday, to be connected to a mediator.
The LTR Fund is a community project inspired by Leaders at Mountain Voices Project who have advocated for its formation in response to the unique challenges faced by landlords and tenants due to the COVID-19 pandemic and exacerbated by the wildfires.