Welcome to Mrs. Maynard's
Welcome! My name is Mrs. Madison Maynard. I am the new itinerant school counselor at Skyview Elementary and Westwood Middle. This is my fourth year as a school counselor and I absolutely love it! Please take a look around this site to learn more about my comprehensive school counseling program and other available resources for parents, students, and staff. I cannot wait to meet you all! :)
It is extremely important to continue to maintain good physical and mental health of both you and your family. My role as your school counselor will be to provide you with support and assist with managing emotions and feelings in times of need.*Check back often as the website is being continuously updated with new information and resources.
The mission of Mrs. Maynard's Comprehensive Counseling Program is to maximize the full potential of every student in a collaborative partnership with the school community. I will work to address the individual needs of every student through a comprehensive and developmentally appropriate school counseling program. I am an advocate for all students and their families as guided by the American School Counseling Association.
My vision is that "students are innovative learners. They graduate and become responsible citizens who are prepared to be engaged members of the community. They realize their potential and strive to maximize their growth as leaders and lifelong learners. Students use acts of kindness to uplift our world and aim to exhibit cooperation, awesome attitude, respect, excellence, and self-control. Students are equipped to be positive world-changers."
- Every student will be treated with integrity, surrounded by optimism and seen as capable of achieving high expectations.
- Every student will have a safe and inclusive environment which requires active participation, mutual respect, and individual accountability of students, parents, school personnel, and community.
- Every student will have access to an education experience that is a partnership among students, parents, school, and community that meets the immediate and long-term needs of all students through collaboration or referral.
- Every student will interact with adults in the school setting who value relationship, engage in mutual respect, view students through a trauma-informed lens and practice restorative discipline.
- Every student will be supported by a data-driven, comprehensive school counseling program that meets their academic, social/emotional, and career development needs that is led by a school counselor who will abide bny professional school counseling ethics.
What is a School Counselor and how do they support students and schools?
Please contact me at any time if I can do anything to assist. I am so happy to help!!
Sending love and kindness,
Meet Mrs. Maynard!
This will be Mrs. Madison Maynard's fourth year as a School Counselor. She focuses on serving every student's social, emotional, academic, and career development needs utilizing a comprehensive, data-driven counseling program. She has a heart for creating and implementing programs and interventions that meet the needs of the whole child. She has successfully helped implement innovative supports including trauma-informed practices, restorative responses to behavior, and a school-wide kindness initiative.
Madison received her Bachelor of Science degree in Child Development and Family Studies and her Master of Art degree in Counseling from West Virginia University. She is currently members of both WVSCA and ASCA. It is an honor and privilege to work with students through classroom counseling lessons, small group counseling, and individual counseling. She considers herself a lifelong learner and takes advantage of as many professional development and advocacy opportunities as possible.
In her free time, Madison enjoys spending time with her family and friends, yoga, painting, reading, journaling, knitting, hiking, and playing with her two dogs, Wayne and Poppy!