Interest and curiosity!
- Kids have a natural interest and curiosity about how things work. Through STEAM lessons they will work together to solve open-ended problems and share ideas. They find this kind of learning is FUN!
We need your help!
- The learning plans are in place, but your help is essential to make this a success and create the maximum experience for the students.
STEAM Fridays are the place to be!
- Join us on a STEAM Fridays to take part in the fun! It can be for a couple of hours or all day … it’s up to you!
Sign up today!
- The times for the STEAM events are on SignUpGenius but are not directly connected to a location.
- The classes are mixed into the rotation groups. If you would like to help out, sign up for a block of time when you know that your child's grade is in a STEAM block.
- If you don't have a specific group you would like to help with, sign up for a time and you will be placed in a high need area.
click below to volunteer.
In 1995 the movie Apollo 13* came out. You may remember some of these situations unfolding:
Jim Lovell: Houston, we have a problem.
This is STEAM.
Science, Technology, Engineering, (the) Arts, and Math. When a problem happens, this is what the next step is! There is a design model, a process, a way of thinking that takes a "problem" and forms possible solutions. The ENGINEERING PROCESS is one we are engaging all students, Pre-K through 5th, in to be co-learners and observers.
Blanche Lovell: Are you scared?
Susan Lovell: [nods]
Blanche Lovell: Well don't you worry, honey. If they could get a washing machine to fly, my Jimmy could land it.
Go with the washing machine. That is ludicrous to consider but, in the mind of a child, they have not been programmed to default into deficit thinking.
All they see is possibility.
We can't let this get away!
NASA Director: This could be the worst disaster NASA's ever experienced.
Gene Kranz: With all due respect, sir, I believe this is gonna be our finest hour.
This is an amazing possibility to do just that. With your help this will be OUR FINEST HOUR. Well, okay, a whole bunch of hours. Are you thinking, now? Interested in digging in? Look no further for changing the world because YOU CAN BE INVOLVED IN STEAM FRIDAYS.
You DON'T want to miss this.
*“Apollo 13 (1995).” IMDb, IMDb.com, www.imdb.com/title/tt0112384/?ref_=ttqt_qt_tt.