Student Chromebook repair procedures
The Fayette County Schools Chromebook help desk schedules appointments made through tickets as directed below:
1. Students will contact their home school and talk with the assigned tech there. (Please email email@example.com .)
2. Once the school tech has determined the issue, they will put in a ticket on behalf of the student.
3. Parents will be contacted to set up an appointment time.
***Summer Repair Procedures***
The charger is not covered by insurance. The insurance policy is for damaged or stolen Chromebooks. If the charger is lost or damaged it will be treated like any other school property (ie. textbook). The student/parent will be responsible for replacement.
1. Dell Chromebook 11 3100 (45-watt USB - C charger) - 4th-5th grades only 2021-2022
2. HP Chromebook charger - 2nd grade only 2021-2022
Note: 3rd party chargers are acceptable. Please ensure that it has the correct wattage and connection adapter.
The following is information from Google concerning the long-term (Summer) storage of Chromebooks if they are not in use: