Madison Metropolitan School District
Using an intersectional approach, Welcoming Schools supports the academic and social emotional growth of our students. We are committed to creating an anti-racist, non-discriminatory environment where all identities are seen, valued and respected.
- We are talking about social emotional learning.
- We are talking about families.
- We are talking about equity.
- We are talking about respect.
- We are talking about all types of diversity.
- We are talking about belonging.
- We are talking about safety.
- We are working on preventing bullying.
- We are not teaching our own beliefs or trying to change others’ beliefs.
- Every educator has a professional responsibility, regardless of personal values and beliefs, to provide a safe and accepting learning environment for all students.