Join us for our favorites from Eastern Europe, Turkey, France, Japan, India, and other parts of the world.
Wednesday and Sundays
Wednesdays: Teaching 7:30 – 8:30 p.m.; Request party: 8:30 pm – 11:00 pm.
Sundays: Request party: 8 p.m. – 10:30 p.m.
Parking Information: There is some parking available in the back (entrance off Charter). Please do not park in any of the spots labelled for The Crossing. There is additional parking at Lot 20 (off University, west of Charter). Note that as of September 2012, Lot 20 now charges $1/hour for parking. The UW has announced a $40/year permit that would allow (otherwise free) evening access to Lot 20, but it's not clear how to buy it yet. Lot 56 and Lot 54 are on Charter and are free during dancing times. See this map for details and additional options.
Click here to get on our (low volume) mailing list
For more information, contact:
Michael — email@example.com — (608) 241-3655 for Wednesday
Chris — firstname.lastname@example.org — (608) 628-4512 for Sunday
Special Events / Cancellations
- January 15th — No regular dancing — Traudie’s 90th Birthday Party in the Nakoma Room at Oakwood, 6205 Mineral Point Road, 7:30–9:30 p.m. International and English Country Dancing
- January 29th — No regular dancing due to Folk Ball
Listed person is teacher/DJ.
- Sundays — Lou/Marsha
- Wednesdays — Michael
Other Sites of Interest:
- The Madison Folk Music Society
- Wild Hog in the Woods Coffeehouse
- Madison Contra Dance Schedule
- Madison Scandinavian Dance Schedule
- Folklore Village Farm
- Local Folk Bands
- Madison Online. Links to events around Madison area.
- The Daily pages. Isthmus listing of most of the events happening in the Madison area.
- Celtic culture and music in Madison and surroundings
- Other Local Dance Groups
- WORT. Where you can hear interesting folk music on the radio almost every day.
- Syrena Polish Dancers of Milwaukee.
- Ethnic Dance Chicago. A listing of activities in the midwest.
- Fermi Folk Dance by Warrenville in the Chicago burbs.
- Winona International dancers, just over the border to the west.
- Eau Claire International Folk Dancers
- Folk Dancers of the Fox Valley in Eastern Wisconsin.
- Second Sunday Folk Dances in Michigan's Upper Peninsula.
- Tapestry. Links to dance events in and around Minneapolis.
- Other Minneapolis dancing events.