Different Sites On How to Cite Your Work:
5. Calvin College Citation Help:
The World’s Largest e-Library for Academic Research! 4,000,000+ Research-based Topics on 1,000+ Subject Areas. Cite your Research in All Citation Styles. For Students, Teachers, Researchers & Scholars
** Here is a Practice sheet for MLA Citations
All Middle/ High School Resources
They Are In Alphabetical Order Just Click on the name for the link:
(These sites may have a direct link or take you to a screen that asks if it is okay to go to the link. All these links are safe.)
1. All Quiet on the Western Front - US History Honors
- Audiobook: All Quiet on the Western Front
- A First Attempt to Edit Genes Inside the Body
- Alzheimer’s May Not Start in the Brain
- Astronomers Record First Observation of an Interstellar Object
- Backpackers, Don’t Listen To Slate: Science Does Support Stream Water Treatment
- Digging into Ancient Civilizations
- The Problem With E-Cigarettes
- This Is Not The Yeti You’re Looking For
- D-Brief: ( short science videos)
10. Smithsonian Daily Blog Articles:
Student Edition Sign In: PW - Defenders17 (ask Mrs. Duke for help if you are unable to log on)
- What is the Zooniverse?
- The Zooniverse is the world’s largest and most popular platform for people-powered research. This research is made possible by volunteers — hundreds of thousands of people around the world who come together to assist professional researchers. Our goal is to enable research that would not be possible, or practical, otherwise. Zooniverse research results in new discoveries, datasets useful to the wider research community, and many publications.
- At the Zooniverse, anyone can be a researcher
- You don’t need any specialised background, training, or expertise to participate in any Zooniverse projects. We make it easy for anyone to contribute to real academic research, on their own computer, at their own convenience.
- You’ll be able to study authentic objects of interest gathered by researchers, like images of faraway galaxies, historical records and diaries, or videos of animals in their natural habitats. By answering simple questions about them, you’ll help contribute to our understanding of our world, our history, our Universe, and more.
- With our wide-ranging and ever-expanding suite of projects, covering many disciplines and topics across the sciences and humanities, there's a place for anyone and everyone to explore, learn and have fun in the Zooniverse. To volunteer with us, just go to the Projects page, choose one you like the look of, and get started.
Here is a great Book to read!
Girls Who Code:
Learn to Code and Change the World
by Reshma Saujani
NEW YORK TIMES BESTSELLER!
Part how-to, part girl-empowerment, and all fun, from the leader of the movement championed by Sheryl Sandberg, Malala Yousafzai, and John Legend.
Since 2012, the organization Girls Who Code has taught computing skills to and inspired over 40,000 girls across America. Now its founder, Reshma Saujani, wants to inspire you to be a girl who codes! Bursting with dynamic artwork, down-to-earth explanations of coding principles, and real-life stories of girls and women working at places like Pixar and NASA, this graphically animated book shows what a huge role computer science plays in our lives and how much fun it can be. No matter your interest—sports, the arts, baking, student government, social justice—coding can help you do what you love and make your dreams come true. Whether you’re a girl who’s never coded before, a girl who codes, or a parent raising one, this entertaining book, printed in bold two-color and featuring art on every page, will have you itching to create your own apps, games, and robots to make the world a better place.
Mr. Poppers Penguins
Mr. Poppers Penguins
instructions to open:
- You must read this book from an apple device or android device
- If you open in Apple app for iOS devices install this app: Open Road Media Ebookstore
- If you open in Google Play install this app: Open Road Media Ebookstore
- Sign in with email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- PW: MediaCenter17/18
- Download or read directly
- Sign out when not in use