Welcome to Buttercup Preschool!
We are pleased to welcome you to the LVUSD Buttercup Preschool Community website, where you can learn about the model program that has been developed here with its roots deeply embedded in research and its design based on the rich experience of best practices in early childhood education.
Buttercup is comprised of a multi-talented and dedicated staff of teachers and specialists, a group of wonderfully supportive parents, and a preschool bursting with energetic, curious and eager young children. It is truly a joy for all staff and children to come to school each day.
Buttercup Preschool is unique in many significant ways:
- Typically developing peers learn side by side with children who have special needs.
- All areas of our children's development receive attention - cognitive, social, physical, communicative and emotional.
- Differential learning takes place continually so that each child can take individual steps toward reaching his or her full potential.
- Teachers intentionally teach the "learning to learn" skills in preparation for skills required in elementary classrooms.
- Functional and interactive play is modeled and facilitated as an essential building block for academic learning.
- Our staff is a highly trained and credentialed team that works together to assess, serve and plan for meeting the needs of all of the children entrusted to us.
The mission of the LVUSD preschool program is to provide a developmentally appropriate preschool experience where a diverse population of children can play, grow, and learn together in a safe, and supportive learning environment. It is our desire for children at Buttercup to learn to respect and value each other.
Our program focuses on a child's growth in:
- Social Skills
- Motor Development
- Self-help Skills
Mon, Tue, Thur and Fri: 8:20 am- 1:50 pm
Wed: 8:20 - 11:20 am
Buttercup Preschool, located in the Las Virgenes Unified School District, is a full inclusion program that meets the individual needs of typically developing children and children with special needs. The classes that make up the preschool program are located at Yerba Buena Elementary and serve approximately 160 students ages three to five. We provide half and full day programs. We maintain a low staff to student ratio to ensure excellent supervision and regular feedback for our children.
Our program is carefully designed to meet each child's needs through collaboration between credentialed teachers - both special educators and general education teachers, our psychologist, behaviorists, speech and language specialists, occupational therapists, adaptive physical education teachers and trained instructional assistants.
We are extremely proud of Buttercup Preschool. Our school has a strong developmental foundation, many children eager to learn, a parent community that is interested and actively involved, and a faculty that remains professionally skilled and personally committed to meeting the needs of all students.
We are currently not accepting names on our Buttercup waitlist. We are in the process of revising our waitlist and enrollment procedures. Please check back in August 2018!