AC Stelle is a member of the California Junior Scholarship Federation (CJSF). In order to conform with their bylaws membership qualifications are as follows;
Grades earned in 6th grade will qualify students for eligibility in "6th Grade Honor Society". Grades earned in 7th and 8th grade will qualify students for eligibility in "CJSF". Membership qualifications and requirements for Honor Society and CJSF are the same.
Requirements for 6th Grade Honor Society and 7/8 Grade CJSF Membership.
It is a MANDATORY requirement for students to apply each semester for membership, during the application acceptance period.
Honor Society points are granted as follows:
- A = 3 points*
- B = 1 point *
- C = 0 points
- Students must earn a total of 8 points from the following subjects in the previous semester: Language Arts, Social Science, Mathematics, and Science.
- 7th & 8th Grade Students enrolled in a Foreign Language must earn a total of 10 points for membership.
- No points are earned for PE, remedial, or repeated courses, Electives (other than foreign language taken in 7th or 8th grade).
- A grade of "D" or "F" in any class bars a student from membership.
- Behavior and citizenship grades must be maintained as satisfactory or better in all classes. Students must maintain a minimum of 97 behavior points as well as have No "N"s or "U"s in any class.
- *Honors courses may earn 1 extra point per "A" or "B" not to exceed a total of 2 points extra!
- Students must reapply each semester.
Students qualifying for and becoming members of CJSF based on their end-of-semester grades from at least three of the following four semesters** will be eligible to culminate with honors from 8th grade.
- 7th grade Fall
- 7th grade Spring
- 8th grade Fall
- 8th grade Spring
(Must be a member 3 out of 4 semesters to culminate with honors)
**Please note that any grades earned in the sixth grade do not count towards culminating with honors.
Honor Society and CJSF
This program is run by Donna Bostrom. The eighth grade honor society students have the option to travel to Yosemite National Park in October. Nature Bridge runs the programs and the students also participate in a service component during their stay. In November the seventh grade Honor Society students have the opportunity to participate in a 2 night 3 day trip to Catalina Island. The program run by Catalina Island Marine Institute (CIMI)allows the students opportunities to snorkel, hike and attend sessions on marine biology. The sixth grade honor society students will also have the opportunity to attend Astrocamp in March. This program is based on Astronomy, Physics and other related fields.
Any questions about either CJSF/Honor Society or the trips please contact
email@example.com (email preferred)
224-4107 ext 571
TRIP DATES FOR 2017-2018
8TH GRADE NATURE BRIDGE YOSEMITE October 15-20, 2017 Estimated cost of trip $ 765.00
7TH GRADE CATALINA ISLAND November 6-8, 2017 Estimated cost of trip $ 350.00
6TH GRADE ASTROCAMP March 14-16, 2018 Estimated cost of trip $ 345.00