Counseling Support Space
Ms. Corie Mae Erickson
715-472-2152 x. 129
Student Support Coordinator
Ms. Jacklyn Anderson
715-472-2152 x. 115
- School Counselor -
noun, adjective, verb
1. a profession that focuses on the relations and interactions between students and their school environment with the expressed purpose of reducing the effect of environmental and institutional barriers that impede student academic success.
2. The counselor assists students in their academic, social, emotional and personal development and helps them define the best pathways to successfully achieve their dreams.
3. The school counselor serves as a leader as well as an effective team member working with teachers, administrators and other school personnel to make sure that each student succeeds.
4. The school counselor as consultant empowers families to act on behalf of their children by helping parents/guardians identify student needs and shared interests, as well as access available resources
- Student Support Coordinator -
- Support for all counseling department duties and responsibilities including emotional and academic support for all students, families and staff through:
- Emotional support with the help of School-based Mental Health Therapy with Family Therapy Associates (FTA) as well as the Freshman YScreen;
- ITV Coordinator, AP Coordinator, District Assessment Coordinator (DAC), Skyward schedule master for 7-12, plan educational events for students and community;
- Academic and Career Plan (ACP) Leader: organize college and military reps, ACP lessons with Career Cruising, exploring future plans, Youth Apprenticeship (YA), Work Release, College in High School (Early College Credit Program and Start College Now) ;
- Graduation support through Junior Meetings, Senior Conferences, Academic Pin/Letter recipients, Financial Aid night Community Service graduation requirement, transcript requests and graduation verification;
- & scholarship chairperson (Luck Local Scholarship Packet, Frandsen Foundation Scholarship communications, and other local/regional/national scholarships) as well as organize the annual May Awards Night!