J. Wallace James Elementary
Arts and Technology Academy
Weekly Update & Read Aloud with Dr. Downs
Thursday, November 14th, 2019
Hello J. Wallace James families. Please see this week's updates below.
- Thank you to all of our parents who attended the 5th grade parent meeting on November 14th. We appreciate your involvement and support.
- This past Wednesday evening we held our annual 1st Grade Thanksgiving Play. It was a huge success! Thank you to all who attended! Also, a big thank you to the parent volunteers and also to our amazing 1st grade team!!
- If you want to sign up to join the Starblazer Parent Committee and missed the green paper forms, you can sign up online here: https://forms.gle/P5WJ87cUHzqiqGbcA . The more we work together the more we succeed!
- Please sign up to help for our Thanksgiving Staff Feast here: Www.tinyurl.com/jwjfeast2019 Thank you so much for supporting our staff.
Parents, thank you for trusting us with your children; we will take care of them like they are our own. I will talk with you again next week.
Sincerly, Dr. Jon Downs, Principal
Please see this Week's Read Aloud with Dr. Downs below:
Academic Excellence Through, With, and In the Arts and Technology
J. Wallace James Elementary strives to provide excellent educational opportunities to students through an integrated arts and technology curriculum. Students are able to choose a concentration area in the arts, which include dance, drama, vocal music, band, piano, strings, guitar, and visual art. All of the students are heavily exposed to technology in addition to the arts. Every teacher at J. Wallace James has been trained to use various technologies in the classroom in order to enhance the educational process. Teachers in grades 3-5 have also been trained in integrating STEM Science procedures within the science curriculum. The teachers at J. Wallace James have also had extensive training in arts integration. Some of the training's include Visual Thinking Strategies, LAA+, Bernstein Artful Learning, training with the Lincoln Center, and Changing Education Through the Arts with the Kennedy Center.
Past Week's Read Alouds:
- November 7th Read Aloud
- October 31st Read Aloud
- October 23rd Read Aloud
- October 17th Read Aloud
- October 10th Read Aloud
- October 3rd Read Aloud
- September 26th Read Aloud
- September 19th Read Aloud
- September 12th Read Aloud
- September 5th Read Aloud
- August 29th Read Aloud
- August 22nd Read Aloud
- August 13th Read Aloud
- August 9th Read Aloud