Message from the Principal
Mr. Debetaz with his assistant principals
Mr. Debetaz being recognized at the school board meeting for being Principal of the Year (TOP).
Mr. Debetaz after his performance at the middle school pep rally (RIGHT).
Mr. Debetaz and Mrs. Guillory (BELOW).
I would like to welcome you to David Thibodaux STEM Magnet Academy. The 2018-19 school year is our eighth year as a school serving students and families in grades 6-12. The vision of our school establishes a learning environment where children learn through self-discovery by gaining an understanding of the relevance of the content being taught. This type of learning atmosphere empowers our students to become self-reliant learners and prepares them with college and career readiness skills to become productive citizens in our competitive world.
As you navigate through our website, I encourage you to explore the various learning pathways in Science, Technology, Engineering, and Mathematics. Each of these learning pathways provides a rigorous curriculum supported by major corporations in each of the areas.
In the past seven years, the DTSMA family has shown tremendous academic growth, empowered our students to make a difference in the community, developed a positive school community, and achieved national recognition.
Our theme for learning this school year reads : "DTSMA is setting the standard for Quality Education." This theme will be carried out by having all of our stakeholders (staff, students, and parents) take ownership of quality learning for students at our school. We will accomplish this goal by:
- Ensuring our teachers are well planned and meet the learning needs of all students.
- Ensuring our students take responsibility for their learning, the learning of their classmates, and ask the teacher questions when they need assistance.
- Ensuring our parents support their children's learning and their children's teachers to foster a collaborative learning environment for all students.
We encourage our families to get involved in the school in order to gain a clear understanding of student, family, and staff roles to support our school theme.
The faculty and staff at David Thibodaux STEM Magnet Academy continue to be committed to serving our students on campus by:
- Providing an educational setting that is safe for all students
- Gaining a clear understanding of the academic and emotional needs of our students
- Providing educational opportunities that are both rigorous and follow State Standards
- Providing instruction that is relevant to our students
- Establishing and teaching academic and behavioral expectations of all students on campus
- Developing educational plans that meet the learning needs of each student on campus
- Working with families and community members to ensure our children have a wonderful educational experience at our school
So, come visit us at DTSMA and experience an exciting learning adventure.
Mr. Debetaz with Mrs. Heidi Broussard and Mrs. Monica Guillory