The mission of the Liberty Oaks Student Council is to build responsible leaders within our school community and promote the values that represent good character in all students. We strive to represent the interest of students in our school building. We will accomplish our mission through: leading by example in our classrooms AND the local community by being respectful, responsible, safe and kind.
- Student Council members are chosen, after giving a speech in front of their class and being voted on, within each individual classroom.
- Grades 2-4 each have one representative, while 5th grade is provided two representatives per classroom.
- Meetings are held the 1st Wednesday of every month, beginning in October (November is the only exception, with its meeting on the 2nd Wednesday).
- Meetings are located in Room 304 from 2:50-3:45, with pickup no later than 4pm in the front of the school!
Please Note: Members may be removed for behavior in class and/or council meetings or for numerous late pickups!
SPONSOR: Ms. Adina East
DMS Liaison: Macky Yeates
David O. B.
Student Council Events
Week of September 17
- Classroom Elections
- Announcement of 2018-19 members on September 20!
- T-Shirt order forms due by Friday, September 28!
- STUCO Bulletin Board
- Spirit Week Ideas for United Way/Pumpkins
- Liberty Christmas Tree Food Drive Setup
- Candy Gram Setup
- STUCO Yearbook Photo
- **Wear your NEW STUCO shirt**
- Candy Gram Week...how is it going?
- Holiday Spirit Week Ideas
- Dear Lions Posters
- Visible Learning
- Cookies for Courage
- Valentines for Liberty @ Shoal Creek Residents
- MAP Testing Encouragements
- Earth Day (April 22) Groceries Community Service Project
- Teacher Appreciation Week
- Year End Party