Summer Programs: Colleges and universities offer summer programs to give students a look into a particular program of study. Check out summer program opportunities on college websites. Summer programs within driving distance are listed in Naviance (Click here to log in to Naviance, click on colleges home, then on the enrichment page.)
Community Service opportunities:
Colorado Young Leaders (CYL) is a community service organization for high school students. Throughout each month, CYL organizes community service adventures with partners such as Denver Rescue Mission, Denver Urban Gardens, Colorado State Parks, etc. where youth participate in service along with some sort of fun adventure activity. There are bi-monthly meetings where members get together and work through an activity surrounding a monthly leadership theme. Check out the CYL website for more information or contact Tom Robinson at email@example.com .
- Butterfly Foundation Volunteer Internship: We are currently looking for a high school student interested in learning about nonprofit organizations, marketing, event management, communications/social media, business and more. Focus will include supporting numerous projects such as: a distracted driving program, golf tournament event marketing and preparation, providing families in need with key resources in the community, social media outreach, etc.
Student needs to have their own laptop. Some work can be done from home/off-site but most work needed at the office– just east of Centennial airport preferably on Tuesdays and Thursdays. Potential for two friends to work together.
Executive Director will be willing to provide recommendation letters, confirmation of volunteer hours and excellent hands-on experience to interns who commit:
- At least 3 months, preferably more
- At least 5+ hours per week
- Support during at least part of summer and can continue into school year if a good fit
Office environment is quite fun! Casual office with a millennial feel. Icee & Coke machines, ping pong, foosball, golf putting games, and more – all great for clearing the mind and getting focused.
Interested? Email firstname.lastname@example.org, Executive Director, and include your interest level, time availability, any current activities you pursue. Include any questions. No resume required. Position open until right candidate(s) found. Executive Director is an LPS mom.
- Congressional Leadership Fund:
Past posting: Fall internship opportunity for students interested in politics. Email Mrs. Hall at email@example.com to request the application, which is due September 21, 2018. Contact Mike McMacken with the CLF at 303-918-4078 with questions.