Programs and Activities
PTA SPONSORS, ORGANIZES, AND/OR RUNS ENRICHMENT PROGRAMS AND EDUCATIONAL ACTIVITIES DURING AND AFTER SCHOOL FOR OUR STUDENTS.
Together with our parent volunteers, PTA provides opportunities for Collins students to further enhance their education with enrichment programs, educational clubs, assemblies, and more. Depending on the program / activity, we also enlist the help from Collins' dedicated teachers.
Here are a few of the programs and activities we offer during the school year through your support:
- Enrichment Programs: Geography Bee, Math Kangaroo, PTA Reflections, Spelling Bee, and many others.
- Lunch and After-School Clubs: Art Club, Geography Club, Running Club.
- Assemblies*: Wildlife, Science, Theater, History, Bike Safety, Fitness
- Red Ribbon Week: To promote a healthy lifestyle. The 2018 Red Ribbon theme is Life Is Your Journey, Travel Drug Free.™
- 5th Grade Activities: Angel Island, Science Camp
* Varies year to year depending on teacher input, schedule, and interest.
- Your support of PTA through Direct Donations help fund these programs and activities.
- Your support of our fundraisers such as our Spring Carnival, Silent Auctions, Fall Festival help fund these programs and activities.
- Your support of outside programs help us earn extra money. Take the time to clip and save Box Tops (to turn into PTA). Or, sign up for the AmazonSmile program (using Collins Elementary Cupertino to search for us and adding us as your non-profit of choice).
- Your time and commitment as volunteers (in any capacity) because our programs and activities are run by volunteers. The more volunteers we have, the more we can offer to our students!