GEOGRAPHY BEE NEWS!
Chair - S Khastagir
REGISTRATION IS NOW OPEN UNTIL OCTOBER 29TH! Download your entry form or you can pick it up from the PTA table in the front office.
- November 9th 2018 – 8am - 8:30am – Written Round
- December 5th 2018– 3:30pm - 5:30pm – First Oral Round
- January 10th 2018 – 3:30pm - 5:30pm – Final Oral Round
DO YOU LOVE GEOGRAPHY?
Collins PTA along with parent volunteers conduct Geography Bee - a contest designed to increase awareness of geography and to test geographic knowledge. One winner will represent Collins Elementary at the next level of competition. There are state and national levels of this competition.
This contest is open to all Collins students in grades 4 and 5. The contest is held in the Fall and consists of three rounds at Collins.
Registration for Geography Bee at Collins occurs in the Fall.
If you have specific questions or feedback about the Geography Bee, please contact Geographybee@lpcollinspta.org Please do not contact the school staff about this contest.
Levels / Rounds of the contest:
1. Preliminary Round (Written test): Friday, November 9, 20178at 8:00am.
25 students will be selected to move to the 2nd round (oral round).
2. Second Round (Oral round): Wednesday, December 5, 2018 at 3:30pm.
Top 10 performers will proceed to the Final round(Oral round)
3. Final Round (Oral round): Thursday, January 10, 2019 at 3:30pm.
Top 3 will be treated as School level winners. Student with the highest score will proceed to
State Level qualifying test, representing L.P.Collins Elementary School.
All the dates and times are final and there will be no makeup sessions.
For any questions or communication please contact email@example.com ONLY.
Please do not approach the office staff or teachers with any questions regarding GeoBee. This program is organized by the PTA
- http://www.nationalgeographic.com/geobee - under the Study Corner section, there are many resources available. Take a look at 10 questions to be solved under "Take the Quiz."
- Mobile apps are available under: http://www.nationalgeographic.com/geobee/apps/
- The public library has the following books available: "Afghanistan to Zimbabwe" by Andrew Wojtanik and "National Geographic Bee Official Study Guide" by Stephen Cunha.
- Another recommended book is "The Geography Bee - Complete Preparation Handbook 1001 Questions and Answers to Help You Win Again and Again" by Matthew Rosenberg and Jennifer E. Rosenberg.