Accelerated Reader Program
Pine Grove Elementary students participate in the Accelerated Reader program. This program is used as an incentive to encourage students to read. First - fifth grade students have the opportunity to earn school-wide incentives, as well as, classroom incentives provided by their teachers. Each year students take the S.T.A.R. reading test. This test determines the A. R. reading level of the student. Students then take A. R. tests on their reading level. As students pass tests points are accumulated. These points go toward the AR goal set for each student. Your AR goal can be found on your school student log in screen, or you can access it from your teacher.
Renaissance Home Connect: Access your account from home. Username: (your child’s 6-digit lunch #; the one he/she uses to log into AR at school) Password: (your child’s last name) A link to Home Connect can be found on our homepage under PARENT LINKS.
In Home Connect you can:
- Setup Email Alerts to receive emails showing your student’s quiz or test results
- Monitor your child’s progress toward reading goals
- Search for books with available AR tests (this does not mean we have the book in the library, just that there is an AR test available for the book.
- Students may take AR tests on books they read from the public library or books you have purchased as long as the book is not more than 1 level below their reading level).
- See the books your child has read.
Click here to view Renaissance Parent Resources.