Ms. Smith's 5th Grade Class
- Open House is August 3rd from 2-4pm. I look forward to meeting you and your child!
- First day of school is August 7th.
Writing & Grammar
Spiral Language Review quizzes will be on Wednesdays.
- Quizzes will come straight from the weekly Spiral Language Review sheets.
- These quizzes offer excellent grammar review and practice. Please review each sheet nightly before the quiz on Wednesdays.
Reading & Vocabulary
- Your child will be responsible for reading at least one book per week (on his/her reading level) and taking an AR test. By Friday of each week, your child must have completed at least one AR test on a book of his/her choosing.
- There will be allotted class time for your child to complete his/her AR test in class. There is also ample class time allotted for your child to visit the library.
- If your child is reading a large chapter book, exceptions can be made (to the one book per week rule).
- Vocabulary quizzes will be every other Friday.
- Your student will have a review sheet with all eight words in his/her binder under the tab labeled "Vocab."
- Each day, a new vocabulary word is introduced. Every other Friday, there will be a test over all eight words.