4th Grade Class
Hi! My name is Mary Crum. Welcome to my web-page. I graduated from the University of South Florida in 1984. I taught Kindergarten for three years in Tampa, Florida. I moved to Spain after marrying my husband John who was in the Air Force in 1987. I taught First and Third Grades for the Department of Defense Dependent Schools (DODDS) and left Spain late in 1990. We moved to Valdosta at that time and I substituted for two and a half years. I began teaching at Parker Mathis at the beginning of the 1992-1993 school year. I have taught Title 1, Third Grade, EIP, and 4th Grade. Parker Mathis moved to Westside in 2008 and I have taught EIP and 4th grade since the move.
This is my baby Dixie at her favorite place on Earth:
If you need to contact me you can e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org or call 229-245-2289 and schedule a conference or leave a message. I will get back to you as soon as possible.
I have created a Remind account for each homeroom. This allows me to send messages and important information to your phone. Please sign up for the account.
The only Science homework will be to study what we have done in class. Check the agenda for study guides and test dates . Social Studies is all on-line and will be completed during class.
- Think Central: https://www-k6.thinkcentral.com/ePC/start.do This is our reading series (Journey's) site. All student materials can be found here.
- Study Island: http://www.studyisland.com/ This site is great to use for help with skills from any subject. Many parents find it especially useful with Grammar skills. It is really good in preparing for Milestones Testing.
- Great Minds: https://greatminds.org/ This site will help you help your child with Math homework. Go to support at the top of the page on the right. Then, go to Parent Support. There are videos, tips and other helpful items.
- Math Village: http://www.mathvillage.info/node/576 This site will help you with each math lesson. There are videos and examples.
- XTRA Math: https://xtramath.org/#/home/index This site is great to use with help on basic math facts.
- Multiplication.com: http://www.multiplication.com/games/all-games This site is very useful for help with multiplication facts.