Military Family Resources
Pine Grove Middle, welcomes our military students and their families. This page contains information about programs and services to help families transition into PGM.
If you have any questions or require any assistance, please contact one of the counselors:
- Mrs. Tiffany Clemons (Students with Last Names A - K)
- Mr. Ryan Dixon (Students with Last Names L - Z)
Lowndes County School Information
- Enrollment Information
- Parent Portal (Program that allows parents to track student information such as grades, attendance, and behavior)
- Student Handbook and Policies
- Page 23 includes information on attendance including the Georgia Military Family Act. This provision allows children to spend up to 5 days (excused absences) of quality time with a parent before OR after deployment.
- Lowndes High School AFJROTC
Pine Grove Middle Services for Military Family
- Viking Envoy Program - Pairs new students with another student to welcome them to PGM, help them learn about the school, show them their classes, and introduce them to other students.
- Military Club - A club for students from military families to meet, discuss topics related to military life, and hold special events.
- Military Student Orientation - This student orientation before starting school was developed specifically for military students who have moved into the district. This event allows families to ask questions, tour the school, learn about extracurricular activities, and address academic concerns.
- Purple Up for Military Children Day
- Month of the Military Child
- Veterans Day Celebration
- Individual & Small Group Counseling - The counselors can work with students to address students concerns about deployment and other military related issues.
Military Resources Links
- Moody AFB Youth Programs
- Tutor.com (Free online tutoring for Military Students)
- Military Child Education Coalition
Mililtary Child Education & School Liaison
Mr. Darren Hill