My name is Andrew Hodum. I've been teaching PE at Westside since 2015. I graduated from Valdosta State University with a degree in Health & Physical Education in 2012.
I enjoy an active lifestyle where I try to incorporate as much ultimate frisbee, church league softball, and ping pong as I can. My wife, Alexis (who teaches first grade at CES), and I have been married since July 2012. In October 2016, we welcomed our baby girl, Kaybree, into the world! We absolutely love living in Lowndes County and look forward to teaching here a long time!
If needed, I can be reached at (229) 245-2289 or at firstname.lastname@example.org.
During PE at Westside, students will be able to participate in numerous physical activities that will enhance their fitness levels, while also allowing them to develop various skills. We will teach lessons involving:
- Locomotor & Non-locomotor Skills
- Balance, Levels, & Pathways
- Throwing & Catching
- Jump Rope
Jump Rope for Heart
We participate yearly in Jump Rope for Heart. In 2017, our students raised over $16,000 for the American Heart Association. Westside was recognized by South Georgia Medical Center as the top fundraising schoool in Valdosta/Lowndes County and received a check for $1500! Thanks SGMC!
During the 2016-2017 school year, our students helped the PE department raise $2,842.80 by bringing in Box Tops for Education. Each box top is worth ten cents. For a list of participating products, check out this link: https://www.boxtops4education.com/earn/participating-products
1) Keep safety first!
2) Keep your hands and feet to yourself!
3) Play with honesty and sportsmanship!
4) Respect, encourage, and help others!
5) Take care of the equipment and use it properly!
6) Keep food, drink, and gum out of the gym!
7) Remember to walk quietly in a straight line back to your class!
8) Follow and listen to all directions!
1) Verbal Warning
3) Extended Timeout
4) Discipline Note (must be signed by parent)
5) Principal Intervention (steps may be skipped for severe incidents)
3rd Grade - 8:10-8:55
1st Grade - 9:05-9:50
5th Grade - 10:05-10:50
Kindergarten - 10:55-11:40
Lunch - 11:45-12:15
4th Grade - 12:15-1:00
Planning - 1:00-1:30
2nd Grade - 1:30-2:15