Welcome to the 8th grade! I began my teaching career here at Lowndes Middle School. Here are 14 facts about me from the 14 years...
1. I am left handed...is it said somewhere that left handed people are creative?
2. I am married to Bert Hiers, and he is a farmer.
3. We have 3 beautiful children. Nealy is 13, William is 11, and Emily Kate is 10.
4. I knew that I wanted to be a teacher when I attended 6th grade here at Lowndes Middle School.
5. My middle school career out did my high school.
6. I have a Masters degree in Post Secondary Education.
7. I also have my Educational Leadership degree.
8. My family and I live in Echols County, and we do a lot of riding around on the farm.
9. I am the youngest of 4 however, I am NOT the spoiled one.
10. I love sports. I love to watch sports. I love to play sports, and I am very very competitive.
11. I own 18 cows.
12. Cross fit is my new passion even though I feel I never can go.
13. Community Partners in Education 2017/2018 Coordinator of the Year for Lowndes and Valdosta Schools.
14. I visited Puna Canta last year!