Mary Rasner, M.S. CCC/SLP

Speech Pathologist

Contact Information:

Email Address:

Phone Number: 254-857-8909

Twitter Handle: MaryRasner


Monday through Thursday

Therapy 7:40-11:35; 12:30-3:10


Testing and make-up sessions

About Me

I have been a SLP for 30 years. I graduated from Baylor University with my Bachelor's Degree and Master's Degrees.

I have worked in rehabilitation, home health, schools, and university settings.

I am married and have 3 adult children. I love to travel, read and listen to podcasts in my spare time.

Federal Guidelines Eligibility Statement

Speech or language impairment means a communication disorder, such as stuttering, impaired articulation, a language impairment, or a voice impairment, that adversely affects a child’s educational performance. [emphasis added, 34 CFR §300.8 (c)(11)]

What is Speech Language Therapy and Who Provides It?

Speech Language therapy is provided by a speech-language pathologist, who is a trained professional with a master's degree. SLP's can work in a variety of settings such as schools, clinics, rehabilitation centers hospitals, and private practice. Regardless of work setting, all SLPs are required to have completed the same educational program, take the same tests and earn their license to practice. Many SLP's work in more than one setting.

What is the Difference Between School and Medical Settings?

To qualify in the school the student must demontrate a speech and or language disorder that negatively impacts his ability to learn and communicate effectively in the school settings.

Therapy services in medical settings are generally provided through health and insurance plans or private pay. It does not depend on academic impact.